Gain access to our data and products via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP).
To access the Earth Observation Portal for the first time, users need to create an account. Once the account has been created, users can log in to view and modify their profile, service subscriptions and licence arrangements.
Register for data access services in the Earth Observation Portal (EOP)
Data services available via the Earth Observation Portal
- All near real-time Meteosat, Metop, Jason-2 data and products delivered via EUMETCast, Direct Dissemination and FTP over the internet.
- Historical (archived) Meteosat, Metop, Jason-2 data and products.
- All third-party data delivered via EUMETCast.
How do I set up an account on the Earth Observation Portal?
- On the Earth Observation Portal (EOP) click on the New User — Create new account link.
- Complete the registration process, including selecting the services you want. If you require any form of decryption hardware and/or software in order to receive data, you can order these as part of the registration process.
- Once you have completed the registration process, we will contact you to confirm the payment of any decryption hardware and software you may have requested; to discuss any licensing matters, and to acknowledge the activation of any service subscriptions.
For further help, watch the two tutorials — Earth Observation Portal Tutorial - Registering (MP4, 23 MB) and Earth Observation Portal Tutorial - Creating a new account (MP4, 11 MB)
What is Licensed Data?
A subset of the data provided by EUMETSAT is subject to licensing terms and conditions, in accordance with EUMETSAT Data Policy.
To receive these data you will need a Licence Agreement. Most licences are granted without charge, however in some circumstances, e.g. for commercial use of the data, a licence fee is charged.
All licensed data are encrypted. Depending upon the delivery mechanism selected, decryption hardware and software may be required to receive the data. Information on EUMETSAT Data Policy and licensed data.
How can I apply for a Licence Agreement?
The licensing process is part of the registration process. If you follow the registration process you will be prompted to submit licence relevant information. In some instances, you may be requested to accept online licensing terms and conditions as part of this registration process.
What technical arrangements do I need to receive data?
This depends upon the delivery mechanism you are using. For example, to receive data via EUMETCast you need to establish a EUMETCast reception station. For details on the technical requirements of data delivery mechanisms, see EUMETCast Reception Station set-up or Direct Dissemination.
How do I modify my subscriptions?
You can log in with your username and password and make any changes you require.
Can I access all data via this registration?
No, some types of data require a separate registration form.
- Data Collection and Distribution — DCP Admissions Registration Form (PDF, 93.5 KB)
- DCP Radio Transmitter Certification — DCP Certification Registration Form (PDF, 65.6 KB)
- High Rate SEVIRI image data via the NOAA DOMSAT satellite for — High Rate SEVIRI NOAA Relay Registration Form (PDF, 32.8 KB)
All personal data (address and contact details) recorded through the registration process are used for EUMETSAT's internal purposes only and not transferred to a third-party or published.
Please note exception:Third-party data providers using the EUMETCast system to deliver products may request the contact details of users subscribed to their services. In such circumstances EUMETSAT will provide this information to the data provider in order to assist them in monitoring and improving their service. Users registering to receive third-party data via EUMETCast should note that by doing so their contact details may be provided to the organisation providing the third-party data service. Users wishing to avoid the transfer of personal information to a particular organisation are recommended not to subscribe to these services.
For further help contact our User Service Helpdesk.