Gain access to our data and products via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP).
To access the Earth Observation Portal (EOP) for the first time, users need to create an account. Once the account has been created, users can log in to view and modify their profile, service subscriptions and licence arrangements.
Data services available via the Earth Observation Portal
- All near real-time Meteosat, Metop, Jason-2, Copernicus Sentinel-3 marine and atmosphere data and products delivered via EUMETCast, Direct Dissemination, FTP over the internet and the Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA).
- Historical (archived) Meteosat, Metop, Jason-2 and Copernicus Sentinel-3 marine and atmosphere data and products.
- All third-party data delivered via EUMETCast.
How do I set up an account on the Earth Observation Portal?
- In the Earth Observation Portal (EOP) click on the New User — Create new account link.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive an email notification with a link to activate your account. You will then be able to log in to your account.
- Complete the registration process, including selecting the services you want. If you require any form of decryption hardware and/or software in order to receive data, you can order these as part of the registration process.
- Once you have completed the registration process, we will contact you to confirm the payment of any decryption hardware and software you may have requested; to discuss any licensing matters, and to acknowledge the activation of any service subscriptions.
- Your registration will grant you automatic access to our Data Centre and Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA) services. No additional subscription will be required for these two services.
For further help, watch the tutorial —Earth Observation Portal Tutorial - Registering (MP4, 3 MB)
What is Licensed Data?
A subset of the data provided by EUMETSAT is subject to licensing terms and conditions, in accordance with EUMETSAT Data Policy. Information on EUMETSAT Data Policy and licensed data.
To receive these data you will need a Licence Agreement. Most licences are granted without charge, however in some circumstances, e.g. for commercial use of the data, a licence fee is charged.
How can I apply for a Licence Agreement?
The licensing process is part of the registration process. If you follow the registration process you will be prompted to submit licence relevant information. In some instances, you may be requested to accept online licensing terms and conditions as part of this registration process.
What technical arrangements do I need to receive data?
This depends upon the delivery mechanism you have chosen. For example, to receive data via EUMETCast you need to set up a EUMETCast reception station. For details on the technical requirements of data delivery mechanisms, see EUMETCast Reception Station set-up or Direct Dissemination.
How do I modify my service subscriptions?
You can log in to the Earth Observation Portal (EOP) with your username and password and make any changes you require.
Can I access all data via this registration?
No, some types of data require a separate registration form.
- Data Collection and Distribution — DCP Admissions Registration Form (PDF, 93.5 KB)
- DCP Radio Transmitter Certification — DCP Certification Registration Form (PDF, 65.6 KB)
- High Rate SEVIRI image data via the NOAA DOMSAT satellite — High Rate SEVIRI NOAA Relay Registration Form (PDF, 32.8 KB)
Personal information provided by users via the EUMETSAT website by completing a registration form for access to satellite data will be used by EUMETSAT in the following instances:
- To respond back to requests from the user.
- To report on matters related to EUMETSAT data requests to the National Meteorological Service (NMS) of the EUMETSAT Member or Cooperating State in which the user is located.
- To report to Third-Party data providers from which the user has requested data via EUMETSAT with regard to the requested data.
Submitting information to EUMETSAT via the website is voluntary. By doing so, users grant EUMETSAT permission to use the information for the intended purpose. EUMETSAT will not collect information for commercial purposes.
It is noted that not providing certain information may result in EUMETSAT's inability to provide the information or services requested.
When you first create your EOP account you will be asked to agree to the above usage of the personal data you provide.
For further help contact our User Service Helpdesk.