Our training helps forecasters and scientists get the most from our satellite data and products.
On our Training Zone you can find information about all our current courses and information on how to apply.
During a course the materials are only available for participants via the Training Zone. Once the course has finished the materials are made publically available.
Each training course is tailored to:
- impact, e.g. severe weather;
- user group, e.g. operational weather forecasters;
- product, e.g. ocean vector winds;
- region, e.g, Africa.
Many of our courses are held in partnership with other organisations. The languages of the courses are English or French.
Most of our courses are based in a classroom. However, we are delivering online-tutored courses and online self-study courses.
On completion of a EUMETSAT course you will be able to:
- interpret satellite images and products in terms of dynamical processes and surface weather;
- apply a range of synoptic conceptual models to appropriate imagery;
- use imagery interpretation to verify and adjust Numerical Weather Prediction products;
- discuss future developments in operational satellite products.
Satellite Data Training Events
This calendar of events shows the upcoming Training events, workshops, conferences and online sessions organised by EUMETSAT, VLab CoEs and VLab collaborators.