OSI SAF netCDF High Latitude Global AMSR Sea Ice Concentration product will be available on EUMETCast from 16 March.
Thursday, 02 March 2017
The product is a stand-alone High Latitude Level 3 Sea Ice Concentration product, produced daily. The acronym is GBL AMSR SICO [ID: OSI-408].
It consists of these major fields:
- Sea ice concentration: indicates the fraction of a given ocean grid point covered by ice.
- Uncertainties: the algorithm uncertainty, the smearing uncertainty and the resulting total uncertainty of each sea ice concentration grid cell.
- Confidence level: based on the daily standard deviation within each grid cell, provided as a guide.
This product is complementary to the OSI SAF SSMIS global sea ice concentration product (OSI-401-b).
The product will be distributed on EUMETCast on the 'SAF-Global' channel:
PID: 300 (for Europe and Africa)
Multicast Address: 126.96.36.199
File name examples:
- S-OSI_-DMI_-AMSR-GL_NH_CONC__-201702141200Z.nc.gz for the northern hemisphere
- S-OSI_-DMI_-AMSR-GL_SH_CONC__-201702141200Z.nc.gz for the southern hemisphere
Users already subscribed to OSI SAF products will receive this new product automatically. Other users should register via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP).
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.