Using the Copernicus Marine Data Stream for Ocean Applications - Europe
21 to 25 August 2017 Online. 4 to 8 September 2017 Oostende, Belgium.
What's the workshop about?
The aims of the workshop are to help users:
- Search and Order Copernicus Marine Data via EUMETSAT.
- Apply basic functionalities of SNAP and other relevant software tools (including scripting languages) with regards to CMDS.
- Select from the Copernicus Marine Data Stream appropriate products for specific tasks, where the tasks should be brought by the participants.
- Investigate the potential of Copernicus Marine Data for participants tasks, using SNAP and /or scripting languages, such as R.
What's the workshop format?
Participants will complete an online element 21 to 25 August and a classroom phase from 4 to 8 September in Oostende, Belgium
Participants will learn to:
- access/download data and products provided in the Copernicus Marine Data Stream (CODA, EUMETSAT Data archive, EUMETCast);
- what data and products the Copernicus Marine Data Stream provides (variables, timeliness, resolution, data format, etc.);
- work with Copernicus Marine Data in SNAP and / or scripting languages, such as R and Python.
- use data/products from the CMDS for their purposes.
Who can apply?
The workshop is dedicated to, but not restricted, (early carrier) scientists in Europe: Master/PhD students, Post-Docs, and experienced scientists with an interest in working with satellite based ocean observation data. Participants should have some working experience in SNAP and/or a scripting language such as R (or similar).
How to apply: Via EUMETSAT Training Zone, Click on 'Apply for Courses'.
Registration deadline: 7 June 2017