Removal of OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution NRT data from EUMETCast Satellite - POSTPONED
The removal of Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution (FR) Near Real Time (NRT) data from EUMETCast Satellite, initially planned for 29 July 2021, is being deferred to a later date.
29 June 2021
17 September 2020
To allow more time for users to transition to alternative access services, OLCI Level 1 FR NRT data will temporarily remain on EUMETCast Satellite beyond 29 July 2021.
A new date for the removal of these data from EUMETCast Satellite has not been defined yet, but it is likely to be during the last quarter of 2021.
Alternative services to access these data include:
- Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA) service, an online rolling archive with https access to Sentinel-3 data.
Any user can access the CODA service, using their Earth Observation Portal (EOP) account credentials. It is possible to access CODA via API, examples using command line for Linux and Python scripting are available.
Note: The CODA service will eventually be discontinued in favour of our new EUMETSAT Data Store service. The Data Store provides users with a single point of access to a growing catalogue of EUMETSAT’s meteorological, climate, ocean and Copernicus data. It provides access to these data via web user interface (WebUI) and application programming interfaces (APIs). For more information, see our Data Store knowledge base documentation.
The Sentinel-3 data are currently planned to be made available from the EUMETSAT Data Store by the end of this year.
- EUMETCast Terrestrial functions like the EUMETCast Satellite service, but using a terrestrial network instead of a satellite network. The network used is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) and the GÉANT infrastructure.
Only organisations eligible for access to a NREN can access the service, if the NREN supports multicasting. If you are, for example, an academic user and your organisation fulfills this condition, then you have the possibility to access the data via EUMETCast Terrestrial:
- If your organisation already has a EUMETCast Terrestrial reception station, all you need to do is subscribe to OLCI L1 FR NRT data via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP) .
- If your organisation does not yet have a EUMETCast Terrestrial reception station, then it needs to set one up. How to set up a EUMETCast reception station
Note: EUMETCast Terrestrial is currently a demonstration service, expected to become operational in the first quarter of 2021.
- EUMETView service: In addition to the above data access options, we provide an OLCI L1 RGB imagery service via our EUMETView service.
Note: Registration via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP) to receive OLCI L1 FR NRT data on EUMETCast Satellite is no longer possible.
For any questions, contact our User Service Helpdesk.
Latest data news
Change to OSFAC and ECOWAS products distribution
OSFAC and ECOWAS products on new EUMETCast channels from 3 August 2021.
New OSI SAF Sea Ice Concentration product on EUMETCast soon
This new Sea Ice Concentration product from OSI SAF, with ID OSI-410, has an operational status. It is computed from SSMIS and AMSR-2 Level 1 data.
Release of upgraded Fire Risk Map product from LSA SAF
LSA SAF upgraded Fire Risk Map product, FRMv2, released 22 July 2021.
Update to Metop AVHRR Atmospheric Motion Vectors
Dual AVHRR Atmospheric Motion Vectors (winds) stop using Metop-A data from 7 July 2021.