Removal of OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution NRT data from EUMETCast Satellite
The removal of Sentinel-3 OLCI Level-1 Full Resolution (FR) Near Real Time (NRT) data from EUMETCast Satellite, initially planned for 29 July 2021, is being deferred to 15 December 2021.
23 September 2022
17 September 2020
This will allow more time for users to transition to alternative access services.
Alternative services to access OLCI L1 FR NRT data include:
- EUMETSAT Data Store service. It provides access to these data via web user interface (WebUI) and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- EUMETCast Terrestrial functions like the EUMETCast Satellite service, but using a terrestrial network instead of a satellite network. The network used is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) and the GÉANT infrastructure.
Only organisations eligible for access to a NREN can access the service, if the NREN supports multicasting. If you are, for example, an academic user and your organisation fulfills this condition, then you have the possibility to access the data via EUMETCast Terrestrial:
- If your organisation already has a EUMETCast Terrestrial reception station, all you need to do is subscribe to OLCI L1 FR NRT data via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP) .
- If your organisation does not yet have a EUMETCast Terrestrial reception station, then it needs to set one up. How to set up a EUMETCast reception station
- EUMETView service: In addition to the above data access options, we provide an OLCI L1 RGB imagery service via our EUMETView service.
Note: Registration via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP) to receive OLCI L1 FR NRT data on EUMETCast Satellite is no longer possible.
For any questions, contact our User Service Helpdesk.
Latest data news
REMINDER: EUMETCast Europe service – transponder migration
The second transponder used for EUMETCast Europe High Volume Service will soon migrate from C10 to C3.
Termination of the CODA service
The Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA) service stops operating on 27 September 2022.
New version of the EUMETSAT Data Access Client released
The new version brings Sentinel-specific search capabilities.
GOES-17 ABI Mode 3 cooling timeline implementation - 2022
GOES-17 Advanced Baseline Imager (ABI) mode 3 cooling timeline started in February 2022