How to register for data
Gain access to our data and products via our Earth Observation Portal (EOP).
08 December 2020
19 March 2020
To access the Earth Observation Portal (EOP) for the first time, users need to create an account. Once the account has been created, users can log in to view and modify their profile, service subscriptions and licence arrangements.
Data services available via the Earth Observation Portal
- All near real-time Meteosat, Metop, Jason-3, Copernicus Sentinel-3 marine and atmosphere data and products delivered via EUMETCast, the EUMETSAT Data Store, EUMETView, the Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA) and Direct Dissemination.
- Historical (archived) Meteosat, Metop, Jason-2 and 3 and Copernicus Sentinel-3 marine and atmosphere data and products.
- All third-party data delivered via EUMETCast.
How do I set up an account on the Earth Observation Portal?
- In the Earth Observation Portal click on the New User — Create new account link.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive an email notification with a link to activate your account. You will then be able to log in to your account.
- Complete the registration process, including selecting the services you want. If you require any form of decryption hardware and/or software in order to receive data, you can order these as part of the registration process.
- Once you have completed the registration process, we will contact you to discuss any licensing matters and to acknowledge the activation of any service subscriptions.
- The different online data access services that we offer can be accessed through ‘My Data Access’ from your EOP account.
What is Licensed Data?
A subset of the data provided by EUMETSAT is subject to licensing terms and conditions, in accordance with EUMETSAT Data Policy. Information on EUMETSAT Data Policy and licensed data.
To access these data you will need a Licence Agreement. Most licences are granted without charge, however in some circumstances, e.g. for commercial use of the data, a licence fee is charged.
How can I apply for a Licence Agreement?
The licensing process is part of the registration process. As you register, you will be prompted to submit licence relevant information and will be requested to accept online licensing terms and conditions accordingly. Depending on your intended usage of the data, an offline licensing procedure may be required.
What technical arrangements do I need to receive data?
How do I modify my service subscriptions?
You can log in to the Earth Observation Portal with your username and password and make any changes you require.
Can I access all data via this registration?
When you first create your EOP account, you will be asked to agree to our personal data policy.
For further help contact our User Service Helpdesk.