MTG User Preparation Webinar Feb 2021
Zoom, 16 and 17 February 2021, 13:00-15:00 UTC
A new webinar for preparing users of data from the next generation lightning imager (LI) on the Meteosat Third Generation imager satellite.
21, December 2020
EUMETSAT is planning the user preparation webinar on 16-17 February 2021. The event will last for two hours on each day, between 13.00-15.00 UTC.
In a series of talks and Q&A sessions, the webinar provides:
- Instrument overview and measurement principles of LI.
- Description of product generation and validation.
- Format, data dissemination and test datasets.
- Application examples of satellite-based lightning data in weather forecasting.
The webinar is intended for an audience with a good level of scientific and technical understanding of satellite remote sensing and weather forecasting, but not with detailed knowledge about lightning data.
With the webinar, EUMETSAT intends to:
- Raise technical awareness.
- Trigger developments in processing, visualisation and analysis software for exploiting the MTG products.
- Stimulate early development of applications.
Please register and join the webinars using Zoom: