New data discovery online courses coming soon
We are resuming our series of short online courses on data discovery for weather, oceanography, air quality and climate in October 2021.
17 September 2021
15 September 2021
These courses are open and address a wide range of attendees, from service providers to young (and less young) scientists and forecasters. Participants will have the opportunity to learn:
- which EUMETSAT and Copernicus data are free and open;
- where to access and find information about the data;
- how to handle the data using the tools proposed.
The format of each short course is a 1–2 hour webinar on Zoom, including a presentation and demonstration of data discovery and application. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts and ask questions. Some courses will include a follow-up phase where participants can explore the data on their own and get expert feedback.
Registration now open for the following courses:
- 6 October 2021, 11:00 UTC — Machine learning for seamless thunderstorm nowcasting from multiple data sources
- 19 October 2021, 11:00 UTC — Gap filling ocean data (statistical and machine learning methods)
- 4 November 2021, 12:00 UTC — Application of machine learning approaches to ocean colour topics
- 9 November 2021, 12:00 UTC — Weather-related satellite data with Jupyter Notebooks
- 24 November 2021, 12:00 UTC — Winter weather in satellite data
- 8 December 2021, 12:00 UTC — Coding for EO (Python & R)
Other data news
EUMETCast Europe service – transponder migration
The second transponder used for EUMETCast Europe High Volume Service will migrate from C10 to C3 in 2022.
Copernicus Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich products on the GTS soon
Low Resolution Level 2 products from the Poseidon-4 Altimeter available on the GTS from 9 September 2021.
New LI test data released for user familiarisation
New simulated MTG LI Level 2 datasets became available in September 2021.
Changes to pilot data services
Changes to the pilot EUMETView, Data Store and Data Tailor web services.
Sentinel-6 Radio Occultation NRT products now disseminated by JPL
Sentinel-6 Radio Occultation NRT products disseminated by JPL on 24 August 2021.