New IASI newsletter now available
The first annual newsletter about the Metop IASI instrument and IASI data is now available to download.
12 May 2021
12 May 2021
The newsletter, available to download as a pdf, has been compiled by the IASI/IASI-NG Sounding Science Working Group (ISSWG), and includes:
- Studies on uses of IASI data.
- IASI product lists.
- Status of both IASI and the future IASI-NG.
- Coming events.
- Research papers from 2020.
- The first climate record of atmospheric temperature and humidity profiles retrieved from IASI measurements was reprocessed and validated at EUMETSAT.
- Met Office figures show IASI remains the dominant instrument assimilated in the Met Office Global NWP System in 2020.
- ECMWF enhanced the operational use of IASI in February 2020 to make simultaneous use of all three Metop satellites in their global 4D-Var assimilation system.
Latest IASI news
New version of IASI Level 2 PPF released soon
This new version 6.6 of the IASI L2 PPF includes a new product, SO2 altitude (O3M-379) from the AC SAF, which is released as ‘demonstrational’.
Release of IASI climate data record of all sky temperature and humidity profiles
First release of IASI-A and -B climate data record of all sky temperature and humidity profiles available in Feb 2021.
Metop-A IASI Level 1C Climate Data Record first release
Metop-A IASI Level 1C Climate Data Record Release 1 available to users from Nov 2019.
Metop-C EARS-IASI Level 2 data on EUMETCast soon
Metop-C EARS-IASI Level 2 data available on EUMETCast Europe from 28 Nov 2019.
Release of new IASI Level 2 PPF (Product Processing Facility) Version 6.5
The new IASI L2 PPF Version 6.5 is planned to be released on 4 Dec 2019.