New Meteosat Meteorological Product Extraction Facility (MPEF) Release
The new MSG Meteosat Meteorological Product Extraction Facility (MPEF) release 2.8 will be deployed on 7 and 8 August.
21 September 2020
01 August 2019
The changes in Release 2.8:
- An improved FIR algorithm and a new format of the FIR GRIB products. The format of the FIR CAP (Common Alert Protocol) products will not change.
- Preparations for the new AMV BUFR sequence 03-10-077. This sequence will replace the current sequence in the first half of 2020.
- Preparations for the possible use of GSICS calibration for product generation, as an alternative to the current black-body calibration.
- Several bug fixes and other small changes that will improve the stability and performance of the processing system.
The deployment schedule is as follows:
- 7 August for the Meteosat-8 (IODC) and Meteosat-10 (RSS) products.
- 8 August for the Meteosat-11 (Prime Mission) products.
The deployment period on these two days is between 8:00 and 15:00 UTC. There will be an interruption in the product generation of one hour, followed by a two hour high risk period.
For further information contact our User Service Helpdesk.