Sentinel-6 ground segment
The Copernicus Sentinel-6 ground segment reflects the international collaboration that underpins the mission.
06 May 2022
20 April 2021
- EUMETSAT has responsibility for ground segment development and coordination at system level, including for operations preparation.
- EUMETSAT also has responsibility for operations of the European part of the ground segment, including processing of altimeter data and delivery of product services to European users.
- NASA has responsibility for the development and delivery of the US payload instruments, the MW radiometer and the GNSS radio occultation receiver.
- NASA provides ground segment development support and will contribute to operations and data processing on the US side, including processing of GNSS radio occultation data.
- NASA and NOAA will share responsibility for the distribution of products to research and operational users in the US.
- NOAA provides a US ground station for tracking and command of the satellite and data down links.
- CNES has responsibility for processing higher-level products (L2B, L3) and for providing precise orbit determination and support for Doris and altimeter operations.
Ground segment sites
|Ground stations||NOAA, Fairbanks; EU MDA, Kiruna|
|Mission operations||EUMETSAT, Darmstadt|
|LEOP service||ESA-ESOC, Darmstadt|
|Altimetry processing, archive and dissemination||EUMETSAT, Darmstadt|
|AMR-C and RO mission performance||NRT: NASA JPL, Pasadena
NTC: EUMETSAT, Darmstadt
|GNSS-RO processing, archive and dissemination||NASA JPL, Pasadena|
|DORIS mission performance||CNES, Toulouse|
|Level 2 NTC RO processing||ROM SAF, DMI Copenhagen|
|Altimetry Level-2P/3 product quality||CNES, Toulouse|