Upcoming release of GOME-2 Level 1 PPF V7
GOME-2 Level 1 Product Processing Facility (PPF) Version 7 is planned to be released early April 2021.
23 February 2021
28 January 2021
This release will comprise updates to the algorithms used for calibration and for the FRESCO parameters included in the GOME Level 1B products. In addition, a change in the format of the Level 1A and Level 1B products will be introduced.
The release is planned for early April 2021, with exact date to be communicated in due course.
The changes are detailed below:
- Update of FRESCO+ algorithm to version 2, with implementation of angular DLER.
- Update of the Spectral Calibration algorithm based on Fraunhofer solar lines.
- Implemented algorithm for spectral shift over orbit with respect to PDP temperature.
- Implemented Dead Pixel Mask algorithm.
- Update of product format to version 13.0:
- Addition of a new specific record to the L1A product, holding the spectral calibration derived from Fraunhofer lines algorithm.
- Update of parameters containing the results of the improved FRESCO+ algorithm.
- Addition of a new record to the L1A product, with dead pixel mask derived from White Light Source or Dark measurements.
- Addition of a corresponding Product Confidence Data record for Spectral Calibration with Fraunhofer algorithm
- Addition in the VIADR-SMR (common to L1A and L1B products) of fields for identifying the source of the solar spectrum measurements (direct or empirical calculation), and for holding the backup solar reference as effectively measured by the instrument.
- Update in the L1B product of parameters containing the results of the improved FRESCO+ algorithm.
GOME-2 L1 V7 test data is available via our ftp server:
A more extended test dataset is available and can be made available upon request to our User Service Helpdesk.
A zip folder containing the updated xmls for reading the GOME-2 L1A and L1B products can be downloaded from our FTP server. This may be needed by users making use of the EUMETSAT tools like Kai and Eugene.
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.
Release of simulated EPS-SG IASI-NG Level 1C test data
EPS-SG) simulated IASI-NG Level 1C test data available for user familiarisation, 24 Feb 2021.
Release of IASI climate data record of all sky temperature and humidity profiles
First release of IASI-A and -B climate data record of all sky temperature and humidity profiles available in Feb 2021.
Release of simulated EPS-SG Microwave Imager (MWI) and Ice Cloud Imager (ICI) test data
EPS-SG simulated MWI and ICI Level 1B and Level 2 test data available for user familiarisation on 28 January 2021.
New AC SAF Metop-C GOME-2 products available soon
New AC SAF Metop-C GOME-2 products available on EUMETCast from 26 November 2020.
Release of new humidity Climate Data Records
Three new humidity Climate Data Records now available to users (July 2020).