Upcoming release of GOME-2 Level 1 PPF V7
GOME-2 Level 1 Product Processing Facility (PPF) Version 7 is planned to be released on 8 June 2021.
14 June 2021
18 May 2021
This release will comprise updates to the algorithms used for the FRESCO parameters included in the GOME Level 1B products. In addition, a change in the format of the Level 1A and Level 1B products will be introduced.
The changes are detailed below:
- Update of FRESCO+ algorithm to version 2, with implementation of angular DLER.
- Implemented Dead Pixel Mask algorithm (activated in case of instruments' anomaly).
- Update of product format to version 13.0:
- Update of parameters containing the results of the improved FRESCO+ algorithm.
- Addition of a new record to the L1A product, with dead pixel mask derived from White Light Source or Dark measurements.
- Addition in the VIADR-SMR (common to L1A and L1B products) of fields for identifying the source of the solar spectrum measurements (direct or empirical calculation), and for holding the backup solar reference as effectively measured by the instrument.
- Update in the L1B product of parameters containing the results of the improved FRESCO+ algorithm.
GOME-2 L1 V7 test data is available via our ftp server:
A zip folder containing the updated xmls for reading the GOME-2 L1A and L1B products can be downloaded from our FTP server. This may be needed by users making use of the EUMETSAT tools like Kai and Eugene.
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.
Latest data news
NetCDF versions of H SAF precipitation products available soon
NetCDF versions of H SAF H01 and H02B precipitation products available from 18 March 2021.
New IASI newsletter now available
The newsletter, available to download as a pdf, has been compiled by the IASI/IASI-NG Sounding Science Working Group (ISSWG), and includes:
New version of IASI Level 2 PPF released soon
This new version 6.6 of the IASI L2 PPF includes a new product, SO2 altitude (O3M-379) from the AC SAF, which is released as ‘demonstrational’.
New version of Metop PMAp product released soon
New version of the Polar Multi-sensor Aerosol optical properties product released on 6 May 2021.
Release of simulated EPS-SG 3MI Level 1C test data
EPS-SG simulated 3MI Level 1C test data available for user familiarisation, 1April 2021.