Upcoming release of GOME-2 Level 1 PPF V7
GOME-2 Level 1 Product Processing Facility (PPF) Version 7 is planned to be released on 8 June 2021.
22 September 2021
18 May 2021
This release will comprise updates to the algorithms used for the FRESCO parameters included in the GOME Level 1B products. In addition, a change in the format of the Level 1A and Level 1B products will be introduced.
The changes are detailed below:
- Update of FRESCO+ algorithm to version 2, with implementation of angular DLER.
- Implemented Dead Pixel Mask algorithm (activated in case of instruments' anomaly).
- Update of product format to version 13.0:
- Update of parameters containing the results of the improved FRESCO+ algorithm.
- Addition of a new record to the L1A product, with dead pixel mask derived from White Light Source or Dark measurements.
- Addition in the VIADR-SMR (common to L1A and L1B products) of fields for identifying the source of the solar spectrum measurements (direct or empirical calculation), and for holding the backup solar reference as effectively measured by the instrument.
- Update in the L1B product of parameters containing the results of the improved FRESCO+ algorithm.
GOME-2 L1 V7 test data is available via our ftp server:
A zip folder containing the updated xmls for reading the GOME-2 L1A and L1B products can be downloaded from our FTP server. This may be needed by users making use of the EUMETSAT tools like Kai and Eugene.
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.
Latest data news
New version of EPS-SG Radio Occultation L1B test data
New version of the EPS-SG Radio Occultation L1B test dataset now available to users.
EPS-SG 3MI L2 cloud test dataset released
First version of EPS-SG 3MI L2 cloud test dataset now available to users.
New version of EPS-SG IASI-NG L1C, L1D and L2 test data released
New version of EPS-SG IASI-NG L1C, L1D and L2 test data released to users.
New version of EPS-SG Scatterometer (SCA) L1B test data released
A new version of the EPS-SG Scatterometer (SCA) L1B test data released to users in November 2022.