User preparation webinar on next generation spectral imagers FCI & METimage
Virtual: 8–10 June 2021
Webinar on FCI & METimage, 8-10 June 2021, 12:00-14:00 UTC
The user preparation webinar highlights the next-generation spectral imaging missions on the MTG-I - Flexible Combined Imager (FCI) - and Metop-SG A - METimage - satellites.
02 June 2021
22 April 2021
The webinar provides:
- an overview of instrument and measurement principles;
- details on product generation, product characteristics, and expected performance;
- user-relevant information about data formats, test datasets, dissemination, and
- application perspectives.
The event describes the new spectral channels and improvements in resolution and performance over the MSG SEVIRI, Metop AVHRR and other heritage sensors. This Webinar focuses on product generation activities at EUMETSAT Central Facility.
With the User Preparation Webinars, EUMETSAT aims to raise technical and scientific awareness among users, trigger software and algorithm developments for exploiting products, and stimulate the development of applications.
Data from the geostationary MTG Flexible Combined Imager on the MTG-I satellite are expected to become available in 2023, and from METimage on Metop-SG A in 2024.
The Q&A session is on www.slido.com, event code #NG-Imagers.
Register and join the webinar using zoom here:
- FCI instrument overview, measurements, level-1 products
8 June 2021, 12.00-14.30 UTC (14.00-16.30 CEST)
- METimage VII instrument overview, measurements, level-1 products
9 June 2021, 12.00-14.30 UTC (14.00-16.30 CEST)
- FCI and METimage: Geophysical level-2 products and application perspectives
10 June 2021, 12.00-14.30 UTC (14.00-16.30 CEST)