- Review user requirements for an OLCI phytoplankton Fluorescence product.
- Review the current state-of-the-art in Fluorescence developments and possibilities for innovation to enhance product performance, particularly using OLCI extended spectral capabilities.
- Propose a Fluorescence algorithm that meets user requirements and is accurate and robust.
- Define the OLCI Fluorescence product and the uncertainties product.
- Prototype the OLCI Fluorescence algorithm.
- Validate the OLCI Fluorescence product.
- Propose a Fluorescence product uncertainty requirement for the OLCI mission.
- Provide independent scientific feedback.
We proposed an algorithm, where two Gaussian functions, an exponential decay and an offset are fitted to OLCI TOA radiances.
O = offset, accounting for atmospheric and oceanic scattering processes
S = slope factor, accounting for atmospheric and oceanic scattering processes
A = factor of gaussian function at λA (absorption minimum of chlorophyll)
F = factor of gaussian function at λF (chlorophyll fluorescence peak)
λA = center wavelength of the gaussian absorption minimum of chlorophyll
λF = center wavelength of the gaussian fluorescence maximum of chlorophyll
wF = width of the gaussian fluorescence of chlorophyll
wA = width of the gaussian absorption of chlorophyll
|WP1||Review of user requirements for an OLCI phytoplankton Fluorescence product|
|WP2||Review the current state-of-the-art in Fluorescence developments|
|WP3||Fluorescence algorithm that meets user requirements and is accurate and robust|
|WP4||Definition of OLCI Fluorescence product and the uncertainties product|
|WP5||Prototype OLCI Fluorescence algorithm|
|WP6||Validation of OLCI Fluorescence product|
|WP7||Scientific community feedback and active communication|
|Phase||Date and location|
|KO||21/09/2018, Tallinn, Estonia|
|Mid-term review||03/2019, EUMETSAT|
|Final review||09/2019, EUMETSAT|