Sentinel-3 supports the monitoring of the Marine Environment with products, including altimetry, sea surface temperature and ocean colour.
The marine data and products are primarily developed to support the maritime safety services that need:
- ocean-surface wave information, surface temperature and data to improve ocean current forecasting systems;
- sea-water quality and pollution monitoring, requiring advanced ocean colour products in both open ocean and coastal oceanographic application areas;
- sea surface topography measurements;
- sea-ice charting services, requiring sea-ice extent and iceberg detection.
Timeliness of products
- Near-Real-Time (NRT): products shall be available to the users within three hours after sensing.
- Short-Time-Critical (STC): products available to the users within 48 hours after sensing.
- Non-Time-Critical (NTC): products available to the users within one month after sensing.
EUMETSAT is responsible for marine data and products, while ESA is responsible for land data and products.
Access Copernicus Data
EUMETSAT provides access to the Sentinel-3 marine products - and, in future, products from Sentinel-4, Sentinel-5 and Sentinel-6 - via EUMETCast satellite/terrestrial, via the Copernicus Online Data Access (online rolling archive with http access) or through the EUMETSAT Data Centre.
Earth Observation Portal (EOP)
The Earth Observation Portal is the main entry point to EUMETSAT’s Earth Observation data, including data provided via EUMETCast from our many partner organisations. Register and subscribe here to receive data.
The Product Navigator is the central catalogue for all EUMETSAT data and products, including third-party product disseminated on EUMETCast. To discover our data go to the Product Navigator.
EUMETCast is EUMETSAT’s primary dissemination mechanism, providing access to near real-time data through DVB satellite or terrestrial network, with a guaranteed service level.
Copernicus Online Data Access
The Sentinel-3 Marine and Atmosphere Products are available through the Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA). The CODA is an online rolling archive with http access and 14 days of data online.
Ordering and delivery service for historical and long-term archive data from the EUMETSAT contributing missions and Sentinel-3 marine and atmosphere products.
EUMETView is a new web imagery service based upon Web Map Service (WMS) technology which allows users to view EUMETSAT data and products and to access image layers. EUMETView will be enhanced with imagery from Sentinel-3 marine data and products.