The main objective of the presentationis to learn how to generate the Airmass RGB.
Published: 8 May 2009
Other objectives are :
- to learn how to use/interpret the WV6.2–WV7.3 and the IR9.7–IR10.8 brightness temperature difference (BTD);
- in particular to understand the relationship between the IR9.7–IR10.8 BTD and the total ozone content;
- a short overview of WV image interpretation; Interpretation of colo urs of the Airmass RGB;
- usage of the Airmass RGB composite for monitoring jet streams, cyclogenesis, PV maxima etc.;
- to verify the above through a number of tests/quizzes.
Pre-requisites: Basics in remote sensing; an overview of all MSG channels Tutorials o f WV6.2, WV7.3, IR9.7 and IR10.8 channels; basic knowledg of how to interpret WV channels, and basic knowledge of RGB colours.
|Atmosphere||English||Intermediate||90 min||Jochen Kerkmann|
Airmass RGB Product presentation (ZIP, 42 MB)
Tutorial on VisitView (ZIP, 45 MB)