The fifth IASI (Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer) Conference organised by the Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) and the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) will be held in Evian, France from 20 – 24 April 2020.
This Conference aims to share and review latest results from the operational and scientific use of nearly 14 years of hyperspectral infrared observations with IASI instruments on the Metop satellites; in particular after the launch of the third IASI, Metop-C, in 2018. IASI has brought increased contributions to operational weather forecasting and has become a well-established data source for atmospheric composition and air quality. IASI plays an important role in climate monitoring and is an international reference for satellite inter-calibration activities. IASI data exploitation has further developed significantly in all areas in the last years.
Abstract submission open!
IASI instrument and products
- Instrument status
- Commissioning IASI-C
- Intercalibration with other instruments
- Product services (global, regional, reprocessing)
Science and applications
- Numerical weather prediction, global and regional
- Numerical atmospheric composition modelling
- Clouds and aerosols
- Atmospheric chemistry and air quality products and applications
- Climate studies
- Nowcasting applications and extreme events warning
- Retrieval techniques
- Surface modelling and sensing
- Spectroscopy and radiative transfer
- Synergy of IASI observations with other instruments
- Validation techniques, campaigns and intercomparison
Future hyperspectral sounder missions
- Other instruments