The 16th international workshop on greenhouse gas measurements from space.
The European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Centre for Medium–Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), and the European Commission/ Copernicus Programme (EC), are cordially inviting you to the 16th International Workshop on Greenhouse Gas Measurements from Space (IWGGMS-16). This workshop will be held on June 2-5, 2020 at the Darmstadtium in Darmstadt, Germany.
The goal of the workshop is to review the state of the art in remote sensing of carbon dioxide, methane, and other greenhouse gases and related products from space, including:
1) Results from current missions;
2) Pre-flight and in-orbit instrument calibration;
3) Greenhouse gas retrieval algorithms and uncertainty quantification;
4) Validation methods, instrumentation, and bias correction techniques;
5) GHG observations to quantify hot spots and local/urban emissions;
6) Flux estimates and atmospheric inventories from space-based GHG measurements;
7) Future missions and observing strategies.
The IWGGMS-16 will also have a dedicated session on “Towards an operational European anthropogenic CO2 emission monitoring and verification system”.
To pre-register click here