The SRAL L1 and L2 Processing Baseline 2.27 will be released on 14 February.
Thursday, 08 February 2018
The following changes will be made:
SRAL Level 1
Update of on-ground calibration strategy:
- The applied CAL2 calibrations will have an average time window of the previous 27 days. Before the IPF was just averaging 10 days.
- An averaged (27 days) CAL2 filter mask will now be applied to CAL1 Point Target Response (PTR).
- The Ku-Band CAL2 filter mask will now be applied to C-Band data and CAL1 PTR.
These changes will improve the data quality and reduce the noise.
SRAL/MWR Level 2:
- Overflow corrected for Peakiness and Mean Quadratic Error (MQE) parameters.
- Other run time anomalies.
- The SAR retrieved Significant Wave Height (SWH) will now be calculated directly from SAMOSA retracker outputs, bypassing the sigma_c calculation. This is expected to improve SWH retrievals below 1 meter SWH.
- Addition of Elevation derived from OCOG retracking.
In addition, an error in the computation of the ANX time leads to an error of up to 8 seconds in the equator crossing time, affecting L0 up to L2 data. This ANX value is used internally to generate the start/stop times of the pole to pole passes (STC and NTC) which has been improved with PB 2.27. A final resolution is expected in the near future.
More information can be found in the Sentinel-3A Product Notice – Altimetry (PDF, 1 MB), Sentinel-3A Product Notice – STM L2 Marine (NRT, STC and NTC) (PDF, the 798 KB) and the Product Data Format Specification - SRAL/MWR Level 2 Marine products (PDF, 2 MB).
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.