The AAPP has been improved in order to synchronise products from FengYun-3 (FY-3) with those disseminated by the China Meteorological Administration (CMA).
Thursday, 24 January 2019
Main changes include:
- IRAS (Infra Red Atmospheric Sounder) L1B products now use WMO BUFR sequence 3 10 072
- MWHS (Micro-Wave Humidity Sounder) L1B products now use WMO BUFR 3 10 071. This also means that the subsets with individual messages are organised differently.
The AAPP update also comprises the following minor changes:
- The software identifier contained in Metop AMSU-A, HIRS and MHS products has been updated to 803.
- The international data sub-category and data sub-category for NOAA-20 CrIS products have been corrected to signify the correct instrument.
- Timestamps are now encoded with greater precision.
- All FY-3 products have been updated to use BUFR master table version 30.
These changes will affect both global and regional products from 13 March 2019.
Sample data produced using the new software is available here:
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.