The distribution of SNPP EDRs on EUMETCast will change from the Basic Service to the Transponder 2 High Volume Service.
Thursday, 29 August 2019
A number of SNPP Environmental Data Records are being distributed on EUMETCast in the frame of Copernicus. The provision of these EDRs was initially referred to as the 'SNPP4C' service.
The products are:
They are currently distributed on EUMETCast Europe on the Basic Service. From 1 October 2019, they will no longer be available on the Basic Service and will be transferred to the Transponder 2 High Volume Service (HVS-2), on the following channel:
Multicast address: 18.104.22.168
To facilitate user transition, the products will be available in parallel on the Basic Service and on HVS-2 for a period of one month, from 2 to 30 September 2019.
Users who are currently subscribed to these SNPP products, and who already have their reception systems configured to receive HVS-2 data streams, will be given automatic access to the parallel SNPP data stream from HVS-2. Users who have not yet configured their reception systems for HVS-2 are encouraged to do so, following the instructions provided at the end of this page.
The current SNPP EDRs service will soon be extended to include available EDRs from the NOAA-20 satellite (VIIRS Sea Surface Temperature, VIIRS Aerosol Optical Depth and OMPS Total Column Ozone products). See our news item: NOAA-20 Environmental Data Records (EDRs) on EUMETCast soon.
For any questions, contact our User Service Helpdesk.
HVS-2 reception instructions
DVB reception changes
- Users currently receiving only Transponder 1 (Basic and/or High Volume Service) and not receiving Transponder 2 High Volume Service, need to configure a new receiver or re-configure the existent one to receive the Transponder 2 (Note: a bigger antenna is needed to receive the High Volume Service).
- Please follow the DVB receiver setup guides in the Devices section on the Reception Station Set-up page to configure the receivers for Transponder 1 and/or Transponder 2.
The tellicast-client configuration should be changed to start also the HVS-2:
- On Linux systems: Edit tellicast-client.cfg to set: INSTANCE_START_ORDER=bas,hvs-1,hvs-2.
- Edit cast_client_hvs-2.ini and set your user_name, user_key and your interface_address etc.
- Edit cast_client-channels_hvs-2.ini and add a section for E2H-CTP-2, if you want to receive this channel data on a dedicated target directory:
- On Linux systems: Restart the telllicast client.
- On Windows systems: Launch the HVS-2 service from the desktop.