A new Sentinel-3 Altimetry Processing Baseline is planned to be released on 9 July, introducing minor changes to the Sentinel-3 Altimetry products.
Thursday, 02 July 2020
The changes introduced by PB_ 2.68- Marine (L1 IPF v06.18, L2 IPF v06.50), are the following:
- New format of the L1A products: CAL1 and CAL2 do not change rapidly (respectively averaged over 10 and 27 days) and do not need to be repeated for each measurement in the Level-1A products. Thus, to provide a unique CAL1 and CAL2 per Level-1A product, the time dimension (time_l1a_echo_sar_ku) and the index (ltm_max_ind) of the following variables have been removed:
- Sample file of L1A
- Improvement of the Sea-Ice concentration close to the coastline, this will remove spuriously low values very close to the cost (circled in Figure 1, top right click to expand). The variable sea_ice_concentration_20_ku may have default values over land.
- Improvement of the L1 AUTOCAL, the expected impact at Level-2 is low (below 0.1 dB on backscatter coefficient) but should slightly improve the wind-speed; impact on sample data is shown in Figure 2
- Fix of an anomaly related to the computation of the filtered ionospheric correction on very small granules; the issue was only affecting NRT products and it has been corrected.
- No major change at L2 Products, apart for the extension of the coverage towards the land (from 10 km to 25 km). Regarding the geophysical retrievals, a slight difference on the sigma 0 (below 0.1 dB) and wind speed (below 0.2 m/s) is observed, due to the updated L1 AUTOCAL.
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.