The GRIB format of three Meteosat Meteorological Products will be updated on 29 July.
Thursday, 16 July 2020
The GRIB products concerned are: Optimal Cloud Analysis (OCA), Multi-Sensor Precipitation Estimate (MPE) and Upper-level Divergence (DIV).
The changes, detailed below, consist of corrections to anomalies and updates of deprecated numbers.
- The GRIB master tables version number changes from 4 to 22.
- The product definition template number changes from 30 to 31. Both numbers represent ‘satellite products’, but the first number (30) is deprecated.
- The GRIB master tables version number changes from 3 to 21.
- The latitude and longitude of the first and last grid points were incorrect. This has been fixed.
Note: The MPE product is no longer available for the prime Meteosat 0° mission.
The encoded product contains three parameters: divergence, quality and wind speed.
The parameter identifiers for the latter two were incorrect and will change as follows:
- Quality: from 14 to 201.
- Wind speed: from 15 to 19.
Note: The DIV product will be discontinued as of 7 October 2020
Sample files of the updated GRIB products are available on our FTP server:
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.