The Medium Resolution Sea Ice Drift and High Latitude L2 Sea and Sea Ice Surface Temperature products will be upgraded on 11 October.
Thursday, 27 September 2018
The Medium Resolution Sea Ice Drift will be upgraded as follows:
- The product will be derived from Metop-B data instead of Metop-A data, still using the AVHRR instrument (product computed from swath of IR or VIS data).
- The product is currently generated twice daily (09:00 and 21:00 UTC). It will be generated four times daily (03:00, 09:00, 15:00 and 21:00 UTC).
- A unique uncertainty algorithm has been developed and implemented for this product, providing individual uncertainties for each ice drift vector. The variable name is ‘Uncertainty’.
- Product ID will change from OSI-407 to OSI-407-a.
The High Latitude L2 Sea and Sea Ice Surface Temperature will be upgraded as follows:
- The product will be derived from Metop-B data instead of Metop-A data, still using the AVHRR instrument.
- The deviation from last SST analysis is included as a variable with the name 'dt_analysis', not applied to ice surfaces.
- The total uncertainty 'sses_standard_deviation' is the root of the summed squares of three uncertainty variables: Global 'large_scale_correlated_uncertainty', Random 'uncorrelated_uncertainty' and Synoptic 'synoptically_correlated_uncertainty'. These are provided for consistency as part of the product.
- Product ID will change from OSI-205 to OSI-205-a.
For the two products, the file structure and file naming will remain unchanged.
For more information, contact our User Service Helpdesk.