Advanced Training Course for CM SAF Users
5-7 June 2019 Mainz, Germany
Subsequent to the 2019 CM SAF User Workshop, EUMETSAT and CM SAF jointly offer a workshop for advanced users of CM SAF data. Key objectives of workshop:
- Share knowledge, experiences and best practices for the development of operational applications in using CM SAF data.
- Build a network of CM SAF users with different level of experience.
With expert support, the participants of this workshop will develop applications of CM SAF data to be ready for operations.
Participants of the Advanced Training Course for CM SAF Users are:
- expected to have practical experiences in working with CM SAF data;
- expected to contribute the CM SAF User Workshop, taking place prior to the training course;
- strongly encouraged to bring ideas for applications using CM SAF data records.
Ideas for operational applications using CM SAF data records are very welcome. Possible applications could be related (but are not limited) to:
- National/Regional Climate Atlases
- Merging satellite climate data with other sources of climate information
- Validation and quality control of surface data
- PV potential resource assessment
- Operational Climate Monitoring
- Climate analysis
- Target oriented visualisation of climate information
Expected Learning Outcomes
After this course participants should be able to:
- design (operational) applications of CM SAF data records;
- find ways to solve issues related to applying CM SAF data, including using established links with other CM SAF users.
Applications for the advanced training course can be submitted until 31 December 2018 via the application form.
As the number of participants is limited, a selection will be made based on the available applications. The selection will be based on the abstract submitted, that describes the idea of an (operational) application using CM SAF data. Those selected will be informed by 18 January 2019.
NOTE: Registration to the Advanced Training Course for CM SAF Users is only possible in combination with registering to the 2019 CM SAF User’s Workshop.
Registration deadline: 31 December 2018
This is a peer-to-peer workshop. Users of CM SAF data, who have experience in developing (operational) applications with CM SAF data records, will share their knowledge and experience in working groups.
Participants’ ideas for (operational) applications using CM SAF data will be discussed in the working groups, and first steps towards design and implementation of these applications will be undertaken.
The course language is English
EUMETSAT provides limited funds for travel and accommodation support, this must be indicated at the time of application.
There is no event fee.
The event venue is the Novotel Mainz. A special rate of 99€ per night has been negotiated. It includes accommodation and breakfast. Lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and all coffee breaks will also be provided.
Participants are expected to bring their own laptops.
Travel and Medical Insurance: the participants are advised to have personal travel and medical insurance. EUMETSAT cannot accept responsibility for any incident during the course.