Fifth H SAF user workshop
Online: 24-28 January 2022
The 5th EUMETSAT H SAF user workshop is being hosted by ZAMG and supported by EUMeTrain. It will be held online via Webex.
17 November 2021
16 November 2021
The EUMETSAT Hydrology SAF (H SAF) provide various satellite-based products that are particularly relevant for African users, as they complement ground observation that are particularly scarce in the continent. Satellite-based H SAF rainfall estimate and soil moisture are particularly relevant to support flood or drought monitoring, water management and agriculture.
- Introduce the H SAF products and their evolutions with respect to the future European satellite missions.
- Illustrate the usage of satellite products for flood and drought monitoring and water resources management applications.
- Present use cases of the H SAF products in hydrological applications and emergency management in various regions, including Europe and Africa.
- Demonstrate how to download, process, and apply products for different goals related to water monitoring and water management applications, with examples over the European and African regions.
- Discuss H SAF products quality assessment and applications.
How to participate
The workshop is open to both current users of H SAF products and anyone who might interested in exploring it in the future.
To participate you need to register for each individual session (there are six), see the links in the workshop schedule.
Participants are eligible to present at the workshop and are encouraged to browse through the workshop schedule and select the session of interest (Sessions 2-6 are open for abstracts submission). Follow the guidelines for submission of your abstract (deadline 10 December 2021)