Twenty-first International TOVS Study Conference
29 November–05 December 2017, Darmstadt, Germany
The Twenty-First International TOVS Study Conference (ITSC-21), hosted by EUMETSAT, will take place at the Darmstadtium in Darmstadt, Germany from Wednesday 29 November till Tuesday 5 December 2017.
26 August 2020
29 November 2017
The conference will cover a wide range of topics concerning atmospheric sounding, its applications and related issues.
Key topics proposed for discussion at the event include:
- Evaluation of new polar microwave and infrared sounding data, such as from the JPSS-1, FY-3D, or Meteor-M N2-1 satellites;
- Evaluation of and preparation for sounding capabilities from geostationary orbit (e.g., FY-4A, MTG-IRS);
- Updates on operational processing and the exploitation of ATOVS, ATMS, SSMIS and hyperspectral sounder data (AIRS, IASI, CrIS);
- New applications of microwave and infrared sounder data in numerical weather prediction and nowcasting (e.g., new assimilation techniques, bias tuning, use of cloudy radiances), including blended products from polar orbiting and geostationary satellites;
- Use of microwave and infrared sounder data over land and ice surfaces;
- Generation of geophysical parameters from or for microwave or infrared sounding data;
- Applications of microwave and infrared sounder data in climate monitoring and GCOS activities;
- Direct readout software and retransmission services;
- Radiative transfer model development and validation, especially of fast radiative transfer models;
- Studies and results for future infrared and microwave sounders; and
- Updates on Satellite Programs and International Coordination (WMO, CGMS)
To view the programme online, please click here .
For more information, please visit the conference website .