User preparation webinar on Copernicus Sentinel-4 and -5 atmospheric composition missions
Virtual: 3-4 November 2022
Photo credit: Munimara
EUMETSAT is organising a series of webinars on observation missions that are part of its next generation satellite programmes — Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) and EUMETSAT Polar System – Second Generation (EPS-SG).
02 November 2022
04 October 2022
As part of this series, a two-day webinar on the Copernicus Sentinel-4 and -5 atmospheric composition missions is being organised on 3 and 4 November, 13:00–15:00 UTC (14:00-16:00 CET) each day.
Ushering in a new era of monitoring atmospheric composition and air quality from space, the webinar provides:
- Overview of instrument and measurement principles.
- Details on product generation and product characteristics.
- User-relevant information about data formats, test datasets, dissemination.
- Application perspectives for atmospheric composition and air quality monitoring.
- Improvements in resolution and performance over heritage sensors, such as GOME-2 and Sentinel-5P/TROPOMI.
Speakers will address new products from the EUMETSAT Central Facility and the Atmospheric Composition Satellite Application Facility (AC SAF), and their expected benefit for the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS).
The webinar is open to all who are interested in using data from the Copernicus Sentinel-4 and Sentinel-5 missions.
Register by 13:00 UTC (14:00 CET) on 3 and 4 November.
The Q&A session is on www.slido.com, event code #NG-S4S5.
Data from the geostationary Copernicus Sentinel-4/UVN mission on the MTG-S satellite are expected to become available in late 2024, and from the Copernicus Sentinel-5/UVNS mission on the Metop-SG B satellite in 2025.